FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I know if chiropractic care is for me?
- We understand that trying to find solutions to our health problems can be overwhelming at times. This is why we offer a COMPLIMENTARY 15-MINUTE CONSULTATION with one of the chiropractors to discuss if we are able to help you.
- How much will the initial visit cost?
Our initial chiropractic visit is a total of $220 which includes a consultation, thermography scan, full spine digital X-ray, posture analysis, chiropractic exam and adjustment. After your initial exam, each adjustment is $45/visit. Your first visit will take approximately 45 minutes to complete from start to finish. Don’t let price be a deterrent, at Key West Chiropractic we make sure people get the care they need.
- Why should I get my kids checked by a chiropractor?
We recommend that children be checked from birth – (our current patients who are with us during their pregnancy receive a complimentary newborn “welcome to earth” check as well). All births whether long or short, natural, assisted or cesarean can put a lot of pressure on your baby’s spinal cord and nervous system. Even the baby’s position in the womb can have an early effect on spinal alignment. When these tiny infants begin to grow, learn to crawl, and eventually walk, freshly developed motor patterns often lead to numerous slips/falls, bumps, and bruises. Chiropractic adjustments are crucial to helping keep kids in alignment through these fast changing years.
- I’m pregnant is it safe to get adjusted?
- Absolutely. We have special pillows and tables to create ease for pregnant women to get adjusted throughout all stages of pregnancy. Getting adjusted can create better birth outcomes, easier, faster labors, and optimal positioning and nerve supply for baby as he/she grows and develops. Got pain? Chiropractic care can help prevent discomfort like sciatica and round ligament pain for mommies whose bodies are changing too.
- Do you take insurance?
For patients who have an insurance plan that covers chiropractic care that is not in network with our office, we can provide a “superbill” which has all of the diagnostic codes that your insurance needs to see in order to provide you reimbursement for the services we provide.
- What is the cracking/popping sound during an adjustment?
- Not all adjustments create a “crack.” However, the audible sound commonly produced during traditional chiropractic adjustments is the release of gas (nitrogen) from synovial joints. This gas can be built up from aberrant biomechanics associated with vertebral subluxations.
- What is a subluxation?
- A subluxation is when one or more bones of the spine misalign and cause interference to the communication of the nerve system. When nerves become irritated they can cause symptoms such as: pain, heat, swelling, tenderness, tingling, burning, and numbness. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you may be suffering from a very correctable subluxation.
- Can a subluxation cause symptoms other than musculo-skeletal pain?
- Yes! In 1895, the first chiropractic patient was a deaf man who had his hearing restored from a chiropractic adjustment. The adjustor, DD Palmer, thought he had found the cure for deafness. However, as he began to adjust more and more deaf people, he quickly realized that he did not have the cure for deafness, but that his adjustments were having a tremendous effect on the nerve system. Every organ, muscle, and tissue in your body has nerve supply, and nerves originate from your spine! A healthy spine = a healthy nerve system.
- Some people say once you start you will have to go forever?
- Our care should only be utilized for as long as it is serving you to become a better, healthier, and more vibrant you. Typically, patients do choose to stay with us for general well-being care because they like the way they feel and function following a chiropractic adjustment. We understand that maintaining an interference free nervous system with optimal communication and connection is essential for health throughout a lifetime.
- I’m sick should I reschedule my appointment?
- No, if you can get yourself to the office you should come in – this is a very important time to get adjusted. Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to boost your immune system and help you get well sooner.